Friday, August 29, 2014

NJ Open Link & Short Preview

68th Annual NJ Open - Click Left for event details.

It should be interesting.  I don't think I have seen 7 combined IMs & GMs in a single NJ Open.  IM Dean Ippolito is trying for a record 6th NJ Open First Place Finish.

According to Ken Thomas's website, GM Alex Stripunsky won this event back in 1999.  Things should be interesting.

Karl Dehmelt is a FIDE Master (FM), so this is a stacked Open Section so far: 8 of the 16 players are FMs or higher.  There is an interesting 200+ point spread between Karl & the next highest rated advance entry.

Of the advance entries, I am apparently the 10th seed.  I have no wins against any of the top 8 players, although I have a draw against Dean in a simultaneous exhibition he did a few years ago.  I have played against GM Alex Fishbein, Ippolito, & Dehmelt in the past.

It should be a fun tournament.  Unless I end up paired against Dean, I would love to see Dean go 6-0.  Meanwhile, for me, I would love to see how I fare against the top competition.


No comments:

Post a Comment