Wednesday, July 23, 2014

Introduction

My first name is Kevin.  I like playing chess, & I am attempting to play a rated chess tournament in all fifty states.

My stipulations are as follows:

  1. Absolutely avoid Presidents Day Weekend (US Amateur Team East in Parsippany, NJ) & absolutely avoid Labor Day Weekend (NJ Open).  Most other weekends are fair game.
  2. For new states, try to do one non-chess attraction or event.
  3. Minimum time control should be G/30.
  4. Try to get all 50 states done before I turn 50.  I have less than 20 years left.
  5. Try to visit the less popular states now while I am single.  I can always convince a family to go to California or Massachusetts, less likely Utah.
It will be interesting to see if I can do it.  If you have any suggestions on things to do/where to play, please let me know.

#fiftystatesofchess

No comments:

Post a Comment