Tuesday, March 14, 2017

State No. 16 - Delaware

This was a short trip, but I still got to make one sightseeing visit & one CrossFit visit before the tournament started.  One of my friends actually joined me for a few meals.

I got to visit New Castle Courthouse Museum.  (Free to visit, ample parking in front.)  Found out a few interesting facts from my historian/tour guide:

Lumberton, NJ was named for a gentleman who eventually settled in the present day area of Lumberton, NJ.  Prior to settling there, he was convicted of inciting the natives by engaging in the fur trade illegally.  He had to relinquish all his furs.  An Englishman was caught years later in the same crime, & Lumberton served as a juror on that case.  The Englishman was also found guilty & forced to relinquish all of his furs.




The Audience would be to the left of this picture.  Once a verdict is reached, the sticks are rotated so that they can see the verdict.  On the White & Red Arrow sticks, white is innocent & red is guilty. 

Penn’s Landing is actually two blocks from the New Castle Courthouse Museum.  When Penn first landed in America, he stepped foot in New Castle, Delaware first, not in Philadelphia, Pennsylvania.

CrossFit Diamond State – Drop In

Coach Gia, the Owner, was very nice.  I ended up doing Open WOD 17.3 Scaled with them at the 4:30pm class.

It was tough, as squat snatches are a clear weakness of mine.  I finished two reps shy at the 8 minute mark, posting a 70 in the scaled workout.

Delaware State Open
The tournament was nice, low key.  Staff ran it well despite a 30-minute hiccup prior to Round 1.  I tied for the U2000 prize with 3 other people, scoring 3.5 score out of 6 rounds.  This is the 4th known state where I have won a prize.

Below is my last round that catapaulted me into the four-way tie:


And this ends State No. 16 #fiftystatesofchess

No comments:

Post a Comment